A well-maintained property produces the highest return for owners.
Tomlinson-Leis Corporation (TLC) employs a dedicated team of professionals who oversee every detail of property management – from tenant relationships to vendor management, general property repairs, and capital projects. We understand the value of well-managed assets. There is simply no substitute for professional property management and this is why our approach is so complete.
We invite you to call us today to discuss all of your Commercial or Residential Property Management requirements.
Preventative, General, Emergency, and Restorative Maintenance
TLC conducts routine property and building inspections, as well as on-the-scene evaluation after natural disasters. These inspections allow us to assess the quality of maintenance the property is receiving, as well as identify and deal with potential problems before they become overwhelming, costly, dangerous, and even litigious. There is security in knowing there is ready access to responsive 24/7 urgent, ongoing, restorative, and preventative maintenance. We know the importance of upkeep in maintaining the value of a property while keeping costs down.
Tenant and Community Liaison
Clear, responsive communication with the tenants and the local community is crucial. Clients rely on us to handle mundane and delicate issues with accuracy, professionalism, and respect. As the new Property Management firm for your investment, we will introduce ourselves to the tenants with a package describing who we are, our pledge to maintaining the quality of their business environment, and how to reach us.
Special Project Management and Capital Improvements
Shopping for insurance or handling a claim, needing a routine upgrade, and planning property enhancements or capital improvements can be as much of a headache as an unexpected disaster. Even if it is redecorating a lobby, our diversely skilled staff is not only able to offer valuable guidance, but also qualified to procure the services needed if not available in-house. TLC works with some of the “best in the business”, so we know who to call for competitive bids and expert advice. Once we are confident a contractor is able to offer skilled, expedient work, a bid has been analyzed and accepted, and any local ordinances, permits, or codes complied with, we supervise the project from start to satisfactory finish.
Accounting and Financial Services
General accounting, financial reporting, balance sheets, budgeting, financial analysis, replacement reserves, portfolio management, and accounts receivable/payable services represent the most common needs our clients have. Whether you need a full range of automated and computerized Real Estate-oriented business and financial services or just a few, they are available.
Let us take the personnel load off your hands. We can do the interviewing and hiring of concierge, security guards, superintendents, or other staff.
Tax issues, town and zoning variances, and litigation are other areas where our network of professionals can be of assistance on an ongoing or per-need basis.
Rental space availability, financial reports, status reports, and other proprietary information can be made available to owners, principals, and rental agents via the Internet on a discretionary basis. Tenants and owners can communicate with us as well as request maintenance repairs online.
- Establish and oversee an emergency, ongoing, and preventative maintenance programs
- Maintain strict building safety codes and work within zoning restrictions
- Facilities Management
- Conduct building deficiency studies
- Determine potential problems and offer solutions
- Analyze building needs and financial position
- Establish realistic budgets
- Establish plans to produce a positive cash flow
- Assist on resolving delinquent accounts
- Property and Asset Management
- Communicate effectively with Owners/Investors, as well as Tenants
- Review current service agreements
- Review vendors for proper licensing, certification, and insurance coverage
- Solicit bids for maintenance, repairs, and capital improvements.
- Supervision over maintenance, repair, restoration, and replacement of common elements
- Periodic on-site property examinations of buildings and grounds, with additional on-site and emergency visits as needed
- Tenant relations
- Assist with rules and regulations and compliance
- Issue resolution
- Respectful, friendly service
- Supervision of contractors and capital improvement projects
- Project Management
- File insurance claims
- Emergency preparedness and fire drills
- Emergency standby on a 24/7 basis
- Regular Board/Principal Interaction
- Financial services
- Parking lots
- Handicap access
- Gates and fences
- Garage doors
- General building and property cleaning
- Electrical and lighting
- Windows – repairs, replacement, and washing
- Life safety systems
- Trash removal
- Carpet cleaning
- Holiday décor
Financial Systems and Reports:
- Annual Operating Budget
- Bank Reconciliation and Other Reports
- Monthly Financials
- Accounts Receivable/Payable Services
- Portfolio Management
Negotiating Service Agreements:
- Insurance Agents
- Service Agreements
- Others as needed